- 2020 Applications will available on March 3, 2019
- 2020 Applications due May 15, 2019
- 2020 Award winners and nominees will be recognized at the 2020 Summit in February of 2020
After feedback from stakeholders, Indiana Campus Compact has decided that some changes to our annual Service Engagement Awards are in order. Besides the new timeline, look for the following changes in the 2020 applications:
- The applications will be streamlined in order to make it easier to apply
- Applicants will be required to include fewer support letters
- The Outstanding Community Partner Award will be a non-competitive award and we will encourage all campuses to put forth their own award-winning community partners
- Students applying for the Hiltunen Award will be required to have a least one year of college left at the time the award is given (spring) to allow them to serve in a leadership position with Indiana Campus Compact
- We will not be accepting Engaged Campus of the Year applications in 2020
Look for even more changes coming for the 2021 awards, including:
- Engaged Campus Award aligning with The Carnegie Foundation’s Classification for Community Engagement
- Early Career Award for faculty
- Emerging Leaders Award for students for which applicants may use the same application as they use for Newman Civic Fellows
- Starting with the 2021 Awards, applications will be available in the fall so that applicants will have the year to gather information
The Indiana Campus Compact Awards publicly recognize and reward the commitment, creativity, and excellence our partner campuses spread across all aspects of community-campus partnerships which lead to improving tens of thousands of lives in Indiana and beyond.
Along with the recognition, each award carries a cash prize.