The Indiana Campus Compact Research With and About Community Engagement grant supports original research aimed at empirically exploring community engagement initiatives and organizational change at institutions of higher education in Indiana or the effect community engagement has on students’ success during or after college.
The Research With and About Community Engagement grant seeks to fund two types of research projects:
- Original research that is in partnership with community organizations or community members and is focused on topics, issues, or questions that arise from the community (partnering organization or community at large) and because the community has determined it is important, relevant, or timely.
- Original research that is about the impact of community engagement on organization change at the institution—both higher education and/or community organization institutions—and the impact this has on the institution’s stakeholders.
Funding Award: $5,000 Required Institutional Match: $1,500
Who Should Apply
- Partnerships made up of any combination of Campus Stakeholders (Faculty, Campus Administrators, Institutional Researchers, and Graduate Students) along with Community Representatives who are looking to examine topics arising from the communities and that are important to the community.
- Partnerships made up of any combination of Campus Stakeholders (Faculty, Campus Administrators, and Doctoral Graduate Students) along with Campus Institutional Researchers who are examining the effects of community engagement on organizational change at their institution.
Application Deadline & Project Timeline
- Proposals due on Monday, February 8, 2021.
- Projects begin on or after Monday, March 29, 2021 and end on May 31, 2022.
Applicants are responsible for proper routing and approval by their institution prior to submission. Detailed instructions on the submission process can be found in the Request for Proposal and on the main Indiana Campus Compact Funding Opportunities page.
Applications must be submitted via the Indiana Campus Compact Engagement Portal. We require the Primary Investigator to create their own individual account for submission. Instructions on how to create a user profile can be found here.
Looking for Assistance?