The Indiana Campus Compact High-Impact Community Engagement Practices funding opportunity supports the development and implementation of high-impact community engagement learning practices and strong reciprocal community-campus partnerships that strengthen student learning, and further support a culture of community engagement within the institution. These types of activities can include both curricular (first-year seminars, capstone courses, global learning, internships, service-learning courses, undergraduate research course, and writing-intensive courses) and co-curricular (common intellectual experiences, learning communities) experiences (Longo & Gibson, 2016) that also incorporate an intentional emphasis on community engagement practices.
Your imagination is the limit – this is a rare chance for faculty, staff, and grad students to shine with creative high-impact community project ideas. If you have questions about your ideas, check in with Laura Weaver before you submit your application.
The types of projects previously funded have included:
- Curricular experiences such as service-learning courses, community-based writing intensive, capstone or first-year courses, undergraduate research courses, and community-driven internships—including the development of new courses or redevelopment of existing courses
- Co-curricular experiences such as common learning communities for students, faculty, staff or community members, or reoccurring community engagement activities designed in a reciprocal and collaborative framework
- Community-driven research where the community partner plays a reciprocal role in co-creating the research initiative and where the outcomes and outputs have a clear public purpose
Funding Award: Up to $2,500
Required Institutional Match: $750, or 30% of the requested amount
Who Should Apply
- Faculty of any rank or discipline looking to implement quality community-engaged pedagogies into their courses through reciprocal collaboration with community organizations or community members, or is looking to examine an emerging topic of interest as identified through collaboration with the community.
- Campus Professional Staff (e.g., community engagement professionals, student affairs professionals, and institutional research professionals) and Senior Administrators looking to implement community engagement projects that benefit the community and its members, or is looking to examine how these practices are affecting the institution (e.g., campus and/or partner organization) and its stakeholders.
- Graduate Students of any discipline working across the curricular or co-curricular landscape to incorporate community engagement practices into their growth and development. This could include funding for courses they are teaching (or co-teaching) or to support their original research either in collaboration with community, or about community engagement practices.
Application Deadlines & Project Timelines
- Proposals are accepted once per quarter (in May, August, November, and February) on the second Monday of the month.
- Projects must start at least seven weeks after the application due date, as indicated below. All projects must be completed no later than Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
|Proposal Due Date||Funding Notification||Earliest Project Start Date||Latest Project End Date|
|February 8, 2021||March 19, 2021||March 29, 2021||April 29, 2022|
|May 10, 2021||June 18, 2021||June 28, 2021||May 31, 2022|
|August 9, 2021||September 17, 2021||September 27, 2021||May 31, 2022|
|November 8, 2021||December 17, 2021||December 27, 2021||May 31, 2022|
|February 7, 2022||March 18, 2022||March 28, 2022||May 31, 2022|
Applicants are responsible for proper routing and approval by their institution prior to submission. Detailed instructions on the submission process can be found in the Request for Proposal and on the main Indiana Campus Compact Funding Opportunities page.
Applications must be submitted via the Indiana Campus Compact Engagement Portal. We require the Primary Investigator to create their own individual account for submission. Instructions on how to create a user profile can be found here.
Looking for Assistance?