Election Engagement Grant
Indiana Campus Compact, in partnership with the Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP), is working to support institutions of higher education throughout Indiana to engage students in the 2020 election.
Application Deadline Extended to Monday, July 6, 2020
Indiana Campus Compact, in partnership with the Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP), is working to support institutions of higher education throughout Indiana to engage students in the 2020 election. Through this partnership, Indiana Campus Compact is offering the Election Engagement Fellowship designed to assist campuses as they inform and promote student voter participation, develop new and innovative programming, and work to promote further student involvement in, and with, their communities to create meaningful relationships that move beyond the election cycle.
Election engagement work will be led by an Election Engagement Fellow and be supported by a campus faculty or staff Election Engagement Advisor and Indiana Campus Compact staff. The Election Engagement Fellow will lead their campus in voter registration and education activities, and related voter engaged activities.
AVAILABILITY AND FUNDING
Indiana Campus Compact has funding to offer up to 10 Electoral Engagement Grants.
- Each grant award amount is $1,500. Each award is allocated in the following way:
- Funding for a student Election Engagement Fellow is $1,000
- Funding for election engagement activities is up to $500
- Institutions are required to provide a minimum cash match of $150.
WHO CAN APPLY
Individuals at Indiana Campus Compact partner institutions are eligible to apply. The Election Engagement Fellowship requires co-principal investigators—one Election Engagement Fellow and one Campus Election Engagement Advisor. Refer to the guidelines below on individual eligibility.
Individuals eligible to apply as the Election Engagement Fellow:
- Undergraduate students (full- or part-time) from any discipline are eligible to apply as an Election Engagement Fellow.
- Graduate students (full- or part-time) from any discipline are eligible to apply as an Election Engagement Fellow.
Individuals eligible to apply as the Campus Election Engagement Advisor:
- Faculty from any discipline, and of any rank (e.g., pre-tenure, post-tenure, non-tenure) or employment status (e.g., full-time, part-time, adjunct, continuing lecturer, instructor of practice).
- Community engagement professional (e.g., student affairs staff, academic affairs staff).
- Graduate students (full- or part-time) from any discipline only if the Election Engagement Fellow is an undergraduate student.
APPLICATION AND PROJECT TIMELINE
|Request for Proposals Released||Monday, April 20, 2020|
|Full Proposals Due||Monday, July 6, 2020|
|Award Notification||Friday, July 24, 2020|
|Funding Period Begins||Monday, August 3, 2020|
|Statewide Program Kick-Off Call
(Fellows & Campus Advisors)
|Monday, August 10, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (EDT)
|Funding Period Ends||Friday, November 13, 2020|
|Final Narrative Report Due||Friday, November 13, 2020|
|Final Fiscal Report Due||Thursday, December 17, 2020|