Civic Action Planning Webinars
Many college and university Presidents and Chancellors in Indiana have signed Campus Compact’s 30th Anniversary Action Statement and made a commitment to develop a Campus Civic Action Plan over the course of the next year.
In addition to the 3 national Civic Action Planning Institutes, Indiana Campus Compact is hosting a series of webinars and technical assistance calls beginning in August designed to provide planning teams with inspiration, information, and time to share resources and ideas for leveraging existing campus infrastructure for engagement and for boldly exploring new areas and opportunities for impact. Webinars will also focus on how existing campus documents can be linked to the Civic Action Plan.
The series will cover topics including:
- Introduction to Campus Civic Action Planning
- Overview of the Campus Compact 30th Anniversary Action Statement
- Overview of the Indiana Campus Compact Presidential Commitment
- Introduction to Campus Self-Assessment Tools
- Introduction to Asset Focused Work & Resources
- Civic Action Planning and Preparing for the Carnegie Classification in Community Engagement
- Integration of Teaching, Research and Institutional Action
The first two webinars in the Civic Action Planning series will take place in August and September, with monthly webinars to follow.
- August 30, 2016 – Introduction to Campus Civic Action Planning. Choose from two time slots: August 26, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM or August 30, 2016 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM. These webinars are free and available only to Indiana Campus Compact partner campuses.
- September 9, 2016 – Embedding Service Engagement in Higher Education: A Rubric for Institutional Planning. Choose from two time slots: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM or 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM. These webinars are free to Indiana Campus Compact partner campuses and just $25.00 to other Campus Compact members. Non-Compact members will not be able to participate.