- This event has passed.
Campus Engagement Directors Retreat
July 7, 2016 @ 8:00 am - July 8, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Applications due January 31, 2016 – more information about the process.
The Campus Engagement Directors Retreat was created by Marshall Welch and John Saltmarsh exclusively for Campus Compact member campuses, The retreat is intentionally designed to be a relaxed setting for a center director and administrator to:
- Have un-interrupted time and space to ensure an intimate and productive experience
- Undertake an empirically based assessment of engagement infrastructure for the purpose of strategic planning
- Leave the retreat with a completed inventory of current practice
- Complete a strategic program plan to launch an initiative on campus
Who Should Attend?
We suggest each institution send two participants:
- the center director
- administrator to whom director reports
Campus Compact member participants must apply and be selected for attendance. We are limited to 15 campuses (2 participants from each campus). www.stmarys-ca.edu/office-of-engagement/campus-engagement-directors-retreat/application-process
Why Should You Attend?
To take advantage of the rare gift of focused time and space in a beautiful location for intentional strategic planning to promote and institutionalize community engagement.
What is the Retreat?
- Day and half retreat for strategic planning to advance civic engagement on campus.
- Developing competencies for leading civic engagement + professional development.
- Taking inventory of assets, resources, and best practice to create a strategic plan targeting specific goals.
- Networking with colleagues.