- Apply for February 9th round for projects starting March 23rd or after
- Apply for May 11th round for projects starting June 29th or after
- Apply for August 10th round for projects starting September 21st or after
- Apply for November 9th round for projects starting December 14th or after
The Service Engagement Grant program supports student, professional staff, or faculty projects that establish service engagement as a core component. Service Engagement Grant projects should support reciprocal partnerships between institutions of higher education and the community, strengthen student learning, increase the institutionalization of service-based engaged learning, and enhance the development of students, professional staff, and faculty.
Projects must focus on one of three following areas:
- The Scholarship of Engagement (SOE) – for service learning course development, service learning research, or professional service with a local community agency.
- Student Community Service (SCS) – for individual student or student group projects with the community, such as plunge experiences or national Days of Service events (ex: 9/11, MLK Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Earth Day).
- Listening to Communities Meetings (LTC) – for campus and community dialogues to develop implementation strategies for an engaged campus and community through reciprocal and sustainable partnerships.(Click here to download a suggested meeting format).
Award amounts are:
SOE – $2,250 (institutional cash match $750);
SCS – $500 to $1,000 (institutional cash match of $125-$250);
LTC – $2,000 (institutional cash match $500).
Projects in any of these categories that demonstrate strong, collaborative inter-campus partnerships can receive an additional $1,000 toward their project. Grant terms must end no longer than four months after the start of the project. Grants are awarded on a reimbursement basis at the end of the grant term.
Download application here.
Funding is provided by The Lilly Endowment Inc.