6th Annual Connecting Campuses with Communities: Service Learning Institute and Research Academy
|From Monday, May 12, 2014 - 08:00am |
To Friday, May 16, 2014 - 05:00pm
IUPUI Conference Center, Indianapolis, IN
Service Learning InstituteObjectives:
• Increase the number of high quality service learning courses
• Share promising practices and generate new ideas
• Enhance reflection, assessment, and partnerships in service learning classes
• Build a network of service learning practitionersInstitute Topics:
• Design courses for well-integrated service learning
• Create and assess learning outcomes
• Develop meaningful reflection activities
• Collaborate with community partners as co-educatorsIntended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who implement or support service learning curriculum design.
• Strengthen research on service learning and community engagement
• Advance the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Provide consultation and feedback on research ideas
• Build a network of service learning scholarsAcademy Topics:
• Integrate curricula and research
• Develop measurement approaches
• Design theory-based research questions
• Write research proposals and manuscripts
Intended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who undertake research or support research on service learning.
This is a hands on workshop for participants to work in small groups and one on one with institute faculty on community engaged teaching and research.
Before starting the online application process, we recommend reviewing the questions before preparing your responses. Click here to download a PDF of the application questions.
For further information, contact:
Service-Learning Institute: J.R. Jamison -
* Faculty/Staff: $250 per event, $450 for both
* Graduate Students: $200 per event, $350 for both