National Voter Registration Day
On September 25, 2012, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” for National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities--allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters or more who we could not reach otherwise.
What It Means
- Celebrities registering voters and generating buzz at surprise locations.
- Volunteers at transportation hubs, retail stores, sporting events, and concerts.
- Technology to help eligible voters ﬁnd registration drives nearby.
- A network of grassroots, local organizations engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and ofﬂine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Register Voters: A network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media will register tens of thousands of voters in the ﬁeld and tens of thousands more online--while also receiving pledges to vote from the already registered.
- Mobilize Volunteers: By engaging nonproﬁts not usually engaged in voter registration drives and amplifying existing drives through event-based recruitment and cultural outreach, National Voter Registration Day will bring thousands of additional volunteer voter registrars into the ﬁeld just when we need them most.
- Educate Eligible Voters: Millions of voters need to register and re-register every year. By utilizing new technology and leveraging cultural partners, we’ll educate more Americans than ever before, bringing new voters into the fold.
- Change the Conversation: National Voter Registration Day will be an opportunity to put our differences aside and celebrate the rights that unite us as Americans.
For more information and to sign up to become a National Voter Registration Day partner, go to www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org.