Mark R. Wiegand PT PhD (Editor), Phylis Lan Lin PhD (Editor)
This book, the fifth of a series in contemporary service-learning topics published by the University of Indianapolis Press, has emerged from presentations at the Fourth International Symposium on Service-Learning held in China in September 2011. The contributors to this text are researchers, educators, and administrators of service-learning pedagogy, theory, and practice from many countries and diverse disciplines. The chapters inside provide the reader with an understanding of the broad range of topics in internationalization and pedagogy of service-learning in higher education.
This collection provides insights on some of the most pertinent issues and best practices in contemporary service-learning: institutionalization, the formation of international partnerships, service-learning pedagogy, and evaluation.
This publication has several Indiana Campus Compact ties, including a chapter by our own J.R. Jamison and chapters from the following Indiana Campus Compact members:
- Dan Briere, University of Indianapolis
- Ken Colburn, Butler University
- Mary Jane Eisenhauer, Purdue University North Central
- Mary Embry, Indiana University Bloomington
- Marianna Foulkrod, University of Indianapolis
- Stephanie Kelly, University of Indianapolis
- Phylis Lan Lin, University of Indianapolis
- Nancy Marthakis, Purdue University North Central
- Laura Weaver, Purdue University North Central
- Katherine Wills, Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus