Student grants for alternative breaks, service plunges, projects, and more
- Student Community Service Grant – for individual student or student group projects with the community, such as plunge experiences or national Days of Service events (ex: 9/11, MLK Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Earth Day). For members only, grants range from $500 to $1,000 (institutional cash match of $125-$250). The 2014/2015 application due dates are as follows:August 11th, November 10th, February 9th, and May 11th. Download application here. Funding is provided by The Lilly Endowment Inc.
Hillel Alternative Break Planning Guide (PDF): Repairing The World, One Week At A Time: A guide for alternative break trips and follow-through
Break Away: Break Away's mission is to train, assist, and connect campuses and communities in promoting quality alternative break programs that inspire lifelong active citizenship.
- IU Kelly School of Business
- American University Center for Community Engagement and Service
- Columbia University
- University of Northern Texas
- James Madison University
United Way Alternative Spring Break: Urban Plunge - Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - Northeast, and the University of Saint Francis. Read article
Cesar Chavez Day of Service in the Potawatomi Greenhouse Community Garden. - Indiana University South Bend
Check out the IUSB service-learing facebook page.
Alternative Break Service Trip to Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic
- Indiana State University. Read article
Mission, South Dakota, Rosebud Indian Reservation, Lakota Tribe - IUPUI - Read article
Detroit, Michigan, Cass Community Social Services - IUPUI - Read article
St. Augustine FL, St. John's Housing Partnership - UIndy - St. John's Facebook Page
More details can be found online at www.hiusa.org/service.