I don’t know about you, but I am finding it hard to believe that August is already here and that we are welcoming students back to campus for the start of another school year. As we wrap up the summer at Indiana Campus Compact, we are settling into new office space on the IUPUI campus and getting ready for another great year of opportunities to learn with you and build partnerships across the state.
As you get started with the new school year, we want to remind you of the programs and resources that are available to you through your membership with Indiana Campus Compact.
- We want to invite you to attend one of the Fall Regional Networking Council Meetings that we will be hosting at the University of Notre Dame (North) and the University of Southern Indiana (South). Each meeting will highlight unique partnerships and programs and provide networking opportunities and resources for you and your colleagues. Seating is limited, so please register early to help us plan! You'll find registration information, agendas, and directions on each meeting page linked above.
- Please take a moment and review our funding opportunities. While many of our grants are reviewed on an annual basis each spring, there are many grants that have fall deadlines. You don’t want to miss these opportunities for your campus to receive funding to grow your service engagement programs.
- We are excited to announce the release of our latest publication, Charting the Course for Service-Learning: From Curriculum Considerations to Advocacy—A Faculty Development Workbook, written and edited by the 2010-2011 Indiana Campus Compact Faculty Fellows and set to be release on September 1, 2011. This is a great resource for faculty and staff who work on service learning course development. The workbook is designed to assist the reader with mapping the course for service-learning at his/her institution, while providing prompts for exploration and examples and downloadable templates for tangible navigational tools.
- We are co-sponsoring the Governor's Conference on Service and Volunteerism October 12-13, 2011. We encourage you to attend and learn, network, and rejuvenate. While you're adding the Governor's Conference to your calendar, be sure to check our calendar for additional professional development opportunities.
- And, while it may seem January is months away right now, we want you to start thinking about our awards now. Each year we recognize outstanding faculty, staff, students, and community agencies for their service engagement work with the Indiana Campus Compact Service Engagement Awards. We invite you to apply and/or encourage others on your campus to apply for one of these awards. We will recognize all of our award winners at the 2012 Service Engagement Summit.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can help you advance service engagement with the faculty, staff, students and community partners that you work with every day!
Maggie Stevens, EdD
Indiana Campus Compact