Higher education administrators, faculty, staff, students, and community partners gathered in Indianapolis to discuss the future of higher education.
Participants from 9 states, representing 41 colleges and universities joined state and local leaders for thought provoking keynote addresses, interactive panel discussions, research and practical application workshops, and an awards ceremony.
The Indiana Campus Compact Service Engagement Summit 2.0, held March 29-30, 2012, provided educational tracks for administrators, faculty, professional staff, students, and community partners. Participants learned about emerging trends in higher education including social entrepreneurship, incorporating new technologies in service learning, and working globally in tandem with working locally.
A postsummit follow up which included links to presentations, presenter handouts and resources, and a list of presenter recommended reading was sent to all participants.
What participants had to say about the Service Engagement Summit:
- This was truly one of the best conferences I've ever attended!
- This was a highlight of my academic year!
- The quality of this conference, at every level, was absolutely outstanding.
- Excellent speakers and a variety of information.
- The key principals shared will be incorporated into a new class I’m teaching.
- Great ideas – good to talk to others about what they are doing.
- Appreciated the discussions of the future of higher ed and civic-minded students.
- I will incorporate what I learned about data collection and evaluation of service outcomes into my work.
Did you miss it this year? Mark your calendar for next year's Service Engagement Summit and 20th Anniversary Celebration - April 4-5, 2013.