Pen to Paper Writing Retreat
|From Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 08:00am |
To Friday, July 25, 2014 - 05:00pm
Pen to Paper: Writing with, for, and about Service Engagement --
An Academic Writing Retreat
July 24-25, 2014
Wooded Glen Retreat and
Conference Center in Henryville, Indiana
Brought to you by:
Pen to Paper is an academic writing retreat is designed to provide time, space, and resources to help faculty, staff, and graduate students working on journal manuscripts rooted in community engagement. During the two day retreat participants have time to share ideas with colleagues, receive feedback from journal editors and peers, and write. The program is designed to accommodate 25-30 attendees; therefore, space is limited. The retreat will be located at Wooded Glen Retreat Center, Henryville, Indiana.
Indiana Campus Compact staff and IARSLCE-IJRSLCE representatives will select three community engaged scholars who attend Pen to Paper to serve on an interactive panel at the IARSLCE 2014 Conference in New Orleans (September 29 – October 1) to discuss the role Pen to Paper played in the development of their scholarship into a tangible manuscript, the importance of peer community support during the publishing process, and each will share updates on their manuscripts and where they currently stand with publishing.*
*Please note, those who are selected will be responsible for their own registration and travel for the IARSLCE 2014 Conference.
- the International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement,
- the Journal of Community Engagement and Higher Education,
- the Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education,
- Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, and
- PRISM: A Journal of Regional Engagement.
Registration for this event includes the option of joining IARSLCE for one year. Membership Benefits for IARSLCE include:
- Access to Graduate Student and Early Career Networks, as well as interaction with top researchers in the field,
- Eligibility to receive an IARSLCE Research Award or Graduate Student Scholarship,
- Mentorship opportunities that connect you with new ideas and colleagues around the world,
- The opportunity to serve on an IARSLCE Board Committee, or eligibility to serve on the IARSLCE Board of Directors, and
- Inclusion in and access to the IARSLCE Member Directory.
Campus Compact Member with option to join IARSLCE for one year - $700.00
IARSLCE Member Rate (if not a member of Campus Compact) - $1,800.00
Non-Campus Compact - Non-IARSLCE with option to join IARSLCE for one year - $1,900.00
*Registration fee includes lodging for the nights of 7/23 and 7/24, five meals (three on the 24th and two on the 25th), snacks, and retreat materials.
REGISTER HERE NOW -- Registration ends July 11th.