Professional Development Fellow
Type: Full-time, temporary through Dec. 31, 2012, with possibility of extension
The Professional Development Fellow supports and trains educators and youth on service-learning and youth engagement. Key functions include supporting the Generator School Network online professional community through member outreach, marketing, and online content development. This position is designed to be similar to a paid internship that also offers mentoring, and intentional professional development opportunities to build professional capacity and experience.
- Maintain and promote online membership through outreach and communication to potential and existing participants.
- Develop online written content that supports both training and online learning as well as the functionality of the GSN.
- Support the development of online tools, resources, and instruments members can use on the site.
- Organize logistics and content for online live and recorded webinars.
- Support the production of recorded webinars and videos that are used in the professional development library.
- Conduct on-site trainings for service-learning professionals and youth locally and nationally.
- Support with follow up consulting and evaluation of clients.
- Create a standardized process and template for planning, delivering, and recording NYLC trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or B.A. in community or youth development, education, or related field
- Interest in youth, service, education, and nonprofit work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative; self-motivated and able to work independently without daily supervision
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with others from diverse backgrounds
- Professional demeanor in serving as an ambassador of the organization
- Volunteer experience and a strong ethic of service
- Experience editing video desired
- Experience working collaboratively with youth and adults desired
Compensation: Base pay of $8.30 per hour (which when annualized is equivalent to $17,264), plus benefits.