Applications now available for the 6th Annual Connecting Campuses with Communities: Service Learning Institute and Research Academy
Connecting Campuses with Communities is a capacity building program for faculty and staff that is co-sponsored by Indiana Campus Compact and the IUPUI Center for Service and Learning. In the past, over 250 engaged scholars from more than 100 institutions and five countries have attended this annual event to enhance their service-learning teaching and community-based research.
This year's event will start with the Service-Learning Institute (Monday, May 12th, through mid-day Wednesday, May 14th) followed by the Research Academy (mid-day Wednesday, May 14th, through Friday, May 16th). The schedule allows accepted participants to attend one or both events.
Service Learning Institute
• Increase the number of high quality service learning courses
• Share promising practices and generate new ideas
• Enhance reflection, assessment, and partnerships in service learning classes
• Build a network of service learning practitioners
• Design courses for well-integrated service learning
• Create and assess learning outcomes
• Develop meaningful reflection activities
• Collaborate with community partners as co-educators
Intended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who implement or support service learning curriculum design.
• Strengthen research on service learning and community engagement
• Advance the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Provide consultation and feedback on research ideas
• Build a network of service learning scholars
• Integrate curricula and research
• Develop measurement approaches
• Design theory-based research questions
• Write research proposals and manuscripts
Intended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who undertake research or support research on service learning.
This is a hands on workshop for participants to work in small groups and one on one with institute faculty on community engaged teaching and research.
For further information, contact:
Service-Learning Institute: J.R. Jamison -
* Faculty/Staff: $250 per event, $450 for both
* Graduate Students: $200 per event, $350 for both