Sponsored Research for Service Engagement
Indiana Campus Compact will select and sponsor research projects that will broadly examine the deep impact of service engagement and campus and community partnerships. Examples of research projects could include, although not limited to, the following:
- Impact of service engagement programs/activities on student persistence and completion of college and/or student retention to the state of Indiana post-graduation;
- Impact of service engagement on capacity building for nonprofits; or
- Impact of service engagement on workforce and economic development in Indiana.
Other proposed ideas are welcomed. If your abstract is selected as a project Indiana Campus Compact would like to explore further, you will be asked to submit a full proposal.
- Award amounts for accepted full proposals are $3,750. Institutions are required to cash match $1,250.
- Submitting an abstract does not guarantee that Indiana Campus Compact will request a full proposal. An Indiana Campus Compact representative will contact the listed Project Director regarding submission of a full proposal if the abstract is accepted.
Abstracts are accepted on a rolling basis and are due the 15th of each month. All abstracts must be submitted at least 12 weeks prior to the project start date to provide enough time for submission of full proposals. Abstracts will not be accepted after February 15, 2015. Invited, full proposals will not be accepted after April 15, 2015.
Funding is provided by The Lilly Endowment Inc.