Faculty Fellows Program
The Indiana Campus Compact Faculty Fellows program is a year-long learning community experience. Selected individuals will serve a one-year term as part of a cohort with other engaged scholars from Indiana Campus Compact member campuses. The program serves as a faculty professional development model to support the integration of service learning and community engagement into the three components of faculty development: teaching, research, and service.
The overall goals of the program include:
• supporting faculty in the practice of the scholarship of engagement;
• providing faculty with opportunities to collaborate with a community organization in a way that advances teaching and scholarship while addressing a significant social, economic, or environmental issue; and
• building a strong and productive social and intellectual community as a cadre of scholars.
ICC Faculty Fellows will:
• Teach: Each Fellow will teach a service learning course within the program period.
• Provide Professional Service: Each Fellow will provide direct service to a nonprofit organization during the program year to assist in addressing a particular community issue that is related to his/her academic discipline or expertise as an educator.
• Research: The Fellows will work as a cadre to develop a research or creative project to enhance and advance the field of service engagement.
• Award amounts are $3,750.00. Institutions are required to provide a cash match at of least $1,250.00.
• $2,000.00 is provided at the beginning of the grant period; the final $1,750.00 is provided upon successful **completion of the program.
• Letters of Intent Due: April 11, 2016, 11:59 pm EST
• Full Proposals Due: May 9, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST
• Award Notification: June 6, 2016
• Funding Period Begins: July 1, 2016
• Faculty Fellows Retreat (1 of 3): Thursday – Friday July 28-29, 2016 – all subsequent retreat dates will be set at this retreat**
• Funding Period Ends: May 31, 2017
**Successful completion of the program and the final payment of the Faculty Fellows grant includes Faculty Fellows completing all of the following REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend all three (3) mandatory, overnight retreats (first retreat is scheduled for Thursday – Friday, July 28-29 2016; other two retreat dates will be set at the first retreat)
- Meet all agreed upon group and individual project deadlines
- Participate in monthly conference call discussions
- Initiate and respond to electronic listserv discussions
Funding is provided by The Lilly Endowment Inc.