The IUPUI Center for Service and Learning and Indiana Campus Compact are pleased to announce:
Connecting Campuses with Communities Events
May 13-17, 2013
Service Learning Institute
May 13 - 15, 2013
- Increase the number of high quality service learning courses
- Share promising practices and generate new ideas
- Enhance reflection, assessment, and partnerships in service learning classes
- Build a network of service learning practitioners
- Design courses for well-integrated service learning
- Create and assess learning outcomes
- Develop meaningful reflection activities
- Collaborate with community partners as co-educators
Intended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who implement or support service learning curriculum design.
May 15 - 17, 2013
- Strengthen research on service learning and community engagement
- Advance the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Provide consultation and feedback on research ideas
- Build a network of service learning scholars
- Integrate curricula and research
- Develop measurement approaches
- Design theory-based research questions
- Write research proposals and manuscripts
Intended Audience: Community engaged scholars or practitioners who undertake research or support research on service learning.
- You may apply for one or both events.
- We encourage you to print the PDF version of the application before entering your information into the online application process. Download PDF here.
- Online application process https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CCC2013_Application
Applications are currently available and will be accepted until March 15, 2013.
Applicants will be notified by the end of March.
Rates: $200 per event; $350 for both events – Faculty/Staff
$150 per event; $250 for both events– Graduate Students
With support from IUPUI and the IUPUI Office of Academic Affairs.