Connecting Campuses with Communities
Developing. Engaging. Exploring.
The Center for Service and Learning and Indiana Campus Compact, invite you to attend the 2018 Connecting Campuses with Communities (CCC) conference.
Who should attend?
- Scholars who are interested in enhancing their service learning courses and advancing their research on service learning
- Practitioners whose primary job is to support faculty development and develop campus/community partnerships to the
The week-long conference is a two-part event that focuses on building a network of scholars and practitioners and offers the following opportunities:
The Service Learning Institute includes two tracks: a course development track which is ideal for those interested in gaining strategies to improve the quality of a service learning course; and a practitioner-scholar track designed for those who specialize in service learning faculty development, build and nurture campus-community partnerships, or administrator campus-wide community engagement efforts.
• To increase the number of high quality service learning courses
• To share promising practices and generate new ideas
• To enhance reflection, assessment, and partnerships in service learning classes
• To build a network of service learning practitioners
• Designing courses for well-integrated service learning
• Creating and assessing learning outcomes
• Developing meaningful reflection activities
• Collaborating with community partners as co-educators
The Research Academy is designed to strengthen one’s research on service learning while advancing their scholarship of teaching and learning.
• To strengthen research on service learning and community engagement
• To advance the scholarship of teaching and learning
• To provide consultation and feedback on research ideas
• To build a network of service learning scholars
• Integrating curricula and research
• Developing measurement approaches; quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods
• Designing theory-grounded research questions using ethical methods
• Writing research proposals and manuscripts
Participants may choose to attend either the Service Learning Institute or the Research Academy or maximize their professional development by attending both.