IPFW - call for contributors to an edited volume on Service Learning in college classes.
- Do you use Service Learning?
- Have you written about using Service Learning?
- Have you presented about Service Learning at a conference or workshop?
- Have you thought about writing about your Service Learning experiences?
A BOOK PROPOSAL IS BEING DEVELOPED
Interested? Contact us with your ideas!
Gail Hickey -
Conference Registration Scholarships of up to $1,000.00 are available to students, professional staff, and faculty members presenting at scholarly conferences. Presentations should relate to the Indiana Campus Compact's mission to support higher education's effort to develop students into well-informed, engaged citizens and to serve as a catalyst for campuses and communities to improve people's lives through service-learning and civic engagement initiatives. Preference will be given to proposals that are a direct result of an ICC sponsored event or grant funding.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but must be received six weeks prior to the scheduled conference. Applicants will be notified of approval status within two weeks of official submission to Indiana Campus Compact. Scholarships are available on a reimbursement basis only and cannot be used toward Indiana Campus Compact sponsored events (i.e. Service Engagement Summit) and can only be used to fund registration fees.
Download application here.
Funding is provided by The Lilly Endowment Inc.
Campus Compact president Andrew Seligsohn announced that the annual membership survey is now open and will remain open until December 20, 2014.
Each member campus has designated a Community Service Director to be the staff liaison to Indiana Campus Compact. Those liaisons received the announcement from Dr. Seligsohn and will be the contact person for the survey on each campus. We will be following up with everyone who received a survey link. Although there is only one contact person per campus, multiple offices will need to provide data for the most accurate campus portrait.
We are accepting presentation proposals for the 5th Annual Service Engagement Summit which will be held in Indianapolis, IN, March 26-27, 2015. The Indiana Campus Compact Service Engagement Summit is our signature event that brings our campuses together in celebration of the collective work they do in campus and community engagement.
- Day 1 - presidents, chancellors, provosts, deans, faculty, staff, and some students and community partners.
- Day 2 – faculty, staff, students, and some upper level administrators and community partners.
Our campuses have made a compact, a public agreement, that they are dedicated to partnerships with communities in meaningful ways while preparing students as future leaders. In honor of that public commitment and celebration of our member campuses' efforts to develop well-informed, engaged citizens, this year's theme is Supporting Students in Social Ventures: Preparing students for a life of career and service.
- Community based research
- Empirically-based service-learning research
- Practical application
Who should submit:
- Community partners
- Break-out session presentation – 50 minutes in length.
- Poster session – March 26, 2015 only
Submissions should include*:
- Lead Presenter information (name, title, institution, and email address)
- Co-Presenter(s) (name, title, institution, and email address)
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Category
- Abstract (not to exceed 300 words)
- Session description for program (no more than 75 words)
- Learning outcomes
- Intended audience
*Please note, submissions incorporating the theme of supporting students in social ventures and preparing them for a life of career and service will receive preference.
Deadline for submissions: December 12, 2014
Presenters will be notified of acceptance: January 16, 2015