As a member benefit, Indiana Campus Compact provides professional development for faculty, staff, and students on your campus. Together, our staff has over 30 years of experience in the field of service engagement in higher education and we can work with you and others on your campus to deliver workshops and training designed for beginning practitioners to experienced professionals.
Some of our most popular workshop topics include:
- Service-Learning 101 - This workshop is designed for faculty new to service-learning and will cover basic definitions, history of the field, and beginning course construction.
- Community-Based Learning Curriculum Development - This workshop is a follow up Service-Learning 101 and explores the development of service-learning course objectives, finding the right community partner, preparing students for their service-learning experience, and overall assessment.
- Campus-Community Partnerships - Finding the right community partner can be tricky. Is the relationship mutually beneficial, transactional, or transformational? This workshop will help attendees discover the right path for engagement in and with the community, and what it looks like to have a co-educational process with community partners.
- Student Engagement and Leadership Development - This presentation will help faculty and staff develop a comprehensive plan for working with students as colleagues.
- Creating Meaningful Reflection - This presentation will discuss various reflection techniques that can be used to help students process their role of engaged citizen while helping them articulate the learning in community-based learning.
- Community Engagement and Faculty Reward Systems - We will explore the intersection of community engagement and faculty reward systems, tips for engaged scholars, and suggestions for creating new campus culture that is inclusive of community engagement.
- Engaged Department/Campus Strategic Planning - Utilizing the Embedding Service Engagement in Higher Education Rubric for Institutional Planning developed by J.R. Jamison and Maggie Stevens, campus teams will be led through a consensus building workshop for future planning around service engagement work.
Please note, these workshops are typically one to two hours in length, though some are half-day to full days. Please contact Indiana Campus Compact for more details and for discussion on tailoring and combining workshops to meet your institution's needs.
Pricing for workshops is valued at $2,250 per day. However, Indiana Campus Compact member campuses receive one FREE day of training each year as part of their membership and pay only $750 per day for additional days of training throughout the year. The non-member campus rate is $2,250 per day – that's a savings of $3,750 for a two-day workshop each year.
Contact us to begin the plans for a workshop on your campus.
Not a member of Indiana Campus Compact? Learn how to start the process to join!