2017 FALL NETWORKING RETREAT – CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
Our theme for this year’s Retreat is “finding your place.” We will focus on one’s sense of belonging in the uncertain time in which we live and are seeking proposals for sessions that reflect the theme and the spirit of the Retreat.
This event is a free, professional development opportunity and open only to faculty, staff, students, and administrators at our partner campuses.
Our theme for this year’s retreat is “finding your place.” We will focus on one’s sense of belonging in the tumultuous time in which we live and are seeking proposals for sessions that reflect the theme and the spirit of the retreat.
- Sessions are 50 minutes long.
- Sessions are in the form of community conversations which we consider collegial space to honestly and respectfully dialogue.
- The facilitator will briefly set the stage for the topic and moderate the discussion.
- You may choose to add a co-facilitator, although it is not necessary. Please limit facilitators to two.
- Topics must relate to a sense of place, a sense of belonging connected to the work of service learning and community engagement. Topics can include a wide range of social justice issues that affect us as a society and as human beings, e.g. equity, bias, oppression, inclusion, discrimination, violence, power, intersectionality, privilege, etc.
- Since this is an open forum centered on a discussion, power point presentations are discouraged.
- We ask that session facilitators are prepared to give participants resources regarding the session’s topic. The resources could be a bibliography for further reading, a list of groups, or handouts that will help participants take the leap from the discussion to work on campus or in the community.
- Please submit your proposal online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017ICCRetreat
- Please submit your proposal by June 5, 2017
- You will be notified of acceptance by June 15, 2017